S A K I N A F O U N D A T I O N T R U S T
Global Unity and Harmony
ARTICLE 1: NAME & PURPOSE
Section 1: The name of this organization is SAKINA FOUNDATION TRUST
Section 2: Sakina Foundation Trust is a non-profit charity organization deeply involved in helping poor and needy people of India to make a positive difference in their lives. Sakina Foundation Trust started with this sole purpose as a charity foundation and is striving hard to make a positive difference in different areas like education, health care and better living of poor and needy. Sakina Foundation Trust helped several poor students to pursue higher studies and organized health camps in rural areas. Sakina Foundation Trust has been working very actively to adopt government schools .Sponsor poor students, help the homeless and provide health care to poor people in rural areas and there by making a difference in others lives.
OBJECTS: The objects for which the Sakina Foundation Trust is founded are:
- Construction and maintenance prayer Hall for the benefit of the public.
- Construction and running of Schools, colleges, education institutions, free dispensaries, Construction Centres for poor feeding and homes for the aged for the benefit of the public.
- Granting of financial assistance to any educational institution for granting scholarships, prizes, medals, awards for excellence in studies, sports and scientific research, distribution of books and note books for poor and deserving students.
- Establishment, conduct, maintenance of clinical laboratories, hospitals, nursing homes, dispensaries and institutions of similar nature and providing financial assistance to the deserving persons for medical treatment, in any medical institution.
- Providing financial assistance for performing free meal and feeding the poor directly and through other institutions.
- Establishment, conduct, maintenance of old age homes, homes for physically challenged men, women and children and persons with similar disabilities and also for granting financial assistance to institutions performing similar activities.
- Grant of donation to any Temple, Mosque, Church, Gurudwara and other places of worship and / or religious institutions.
- Providing for or contributing to education and scientific research and development.
- Providing relief to the poor and advancing any other object of general public utility.
- The Sakina Foundation Trust will not carry out any activities with the intention of earning profit and will perform with service motive only.
- Activities of the Sakina Foundation Trust will be carried out outside India.
- To accept gift, donations buildings, to alter, to demolish or improve them and equip them suitably.
- To establish, Cultural and Social Institutions.
- To function as a Non-Communal and as a secular foundation.
- To establish the school, collages to impart education in the area of higher education
- TO start educational institutions and to work for the encouragement of educational set up
- To encourage educational institutions with awards or prize also motivate institutions for higher and quality education.
- To support needy, marginalized socially-economically backward people for education.
- To motivate young people for research and development work, also may provide scholarship.
- To enrol staff at urban level and rural level to motivate and train the trainers.
- To work for metal, physical, intellectual development via education to make responsible citizen.
- To build National-International level Youth-hostel to provide accommodation to students
- To enrol quality staff who can guide for vocational training, modern studies, etc.
- To build libraries, reader hall for citizens.
- To make people obedient of Law.
- To be the bridge between socially-economical deprived class and Govt. for to get govt schemes to needy.
- To organize public health camps for –maternity health, eye, dental, labs etc. the org may give free service for all.
- The foundation may set up Primary health care centre, hospital, medicine distribution center with discounted or token rate.
- To establish hospitals, clinics, counselling centre and may donate machinery to needy medical service provider.
- To do relief work during the natural or manmade calamities and also start relief centres-distribution centre.
- To have help centre during calamities time.
- To establish, administer and protect public useful things or may fulfil the need of Library, mobile library, medial help centre, community marriage fest, Legal help centre, free diagnose treatment centre, etc.
- To help poor, handicapped, old and needy people with food and other primary facilities.
- To arrange donation for the activities.
- To celebrate national-social festival for integrity.
- To create and encourage traditional arts like dance-painting, drama and other cultural activities.
- To work for widow, poor, old aged, orphan kids, and to create sympathy among the society for them.
- The org may adopt person for life time and may provide food, shelter, clothes, medical facility, and education to them.
- To give helping hand to handicapped – blind girls for educational, vocational training, funding. And make them able for employment.
- To create awareness to bring then in mainstream of society.
- The org. may build special hostel-training centre for handicapped.
- TO work for addiction remove programs.
SAKINA FOUNDATION TRUST CAMPAIGNS FOR:
- Fight Pneumonia, Save A Child…(A child Dies Every 15 Seconds With Pneumonia)
- Child Health Now (Together We Can End Preventable Deaths)
- Stand For Children
- We Save The Children, Will You
- 1 Goal Education For All
- Every Child Deserve To Be A Kid
- Girls To Schools (Bring Passion, Take Action, Be The Change)
- Health Care
- Children’s Food Campaigns
- Stop Child Lab our (School Is The Best Place To Work)
- Save girl child
- Healthy mother-child
- Women Issues
- Step Up For CANCER(One Cause, One Community)
- Touch Yourself…Breast Cancer Campaign
- Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign. Early Detection.Cure.Prevention.
- Say No Violence Against Women
- AIDS Campaigns
- Join The Anti-Poverty Movement
- Human Trafficking(Lets call end to Human Trafficking)
- Civil Rights
- Energy & Environment
- Vocational training
- Youth centres
- Green Garden
BENEFICIARIES OF FOUNDATION
- Sakina Foundation Trust is established for the benefit of citizens of India and the class of people mentioned above without discrimination of caste, religion, creed or sex.
- That the foundation fund may be augmented by the income from the initial fund and also by the donation and other contributions fro time to time.
- To accept any donation, contributions, grant or subscriptions in cash or in kind, from any person(s), body of persons or trust, with or without conditions.
- To borrow or raise or secure payments of money and also lend money either with or without security.
- To apply to the goverment,public bodies,urban,local,muncipal,district and other bodies,corporations,companies,or persons for and to accept grant of money and of aid,donations,gifts,subscriptions,and other assistance with view to prompting the objects of the foundation and to discuss and negotiate with the govermentdepartments,public and other bodies corporations, companies or person,secheme and other work and matters with in the objects of the foundation and to conform to any proper condition upon which such grants and other payments may be made.
THIS SAKINA FOUNDATION TRUST DECLARED IRREVOCABLE.
- Membership is open to everyone who is interested to work with Sakina Foundation Trust to support the purpose of Article 1&2.
- Active members: People willing to work voluntarily with Sakina Foundation Trust and can donate time and/or money (no minimum limit) for Sakina Foundation Trust activities.
- Supporting members: Members located in India/USA and who are willing to support the organization by giving moral support. They need not on tribute money to the organization.
- Section 4: Members/Donors can contribute the money of their choice depending on the case to case that Sakina Foundation Trust is working on. Foundation will inform the embers about the current activities that are under progress under each project.
POWERS, FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS
Section 1: Sakina Foundation Trust Board of directors shall have members to serve in the following positions during their tenure of 2 years (Jan; Dec) Except Chairman Trustee of the Sakina Foundation Trust.
- The first Chairman Trustee will hold office for his life time.
- The term of office of Chairman Trustee shall be for their respective lives. The Chairman Trustee shall have the power to increase the total number of Director Up to the maximum number and fix their term as per provisions contained herein.
- The Chairman Trustee of Sakina Foundation Trust will has the power to nominate/elect, President, Vice President, General Secretary, Treasurer, Executive members
- In addition to discharging normal duties of a Sakina Foundation Trust, the Chairman Trustee shall preside over meeting of the Board of Directors & Executive members. The Chairman Trustee is authorized to sign all documents, including bank documents, bank cheques, acknowledgements for the contributions received, and agreements with individuals, Government Institutions and other organizations, on behalf of the Board of Directors & Executive members. The Chairman Trustee shall have all the residuary powers, not explicitly assigned to any of the other officers in these presents.
- The Chairman Trustee is authorized to sign bank cheques, deposit release vouchers etc. The Chairman Trustee is empowered to remove any Board of Directors & Executive members of Sakina Foundation Trust from its offices; if he/she finds that his/her activities are not congenial to the activities of the Sakina Foundation Trust.
- The Chairman Trustee is responsible for ensuring that the Sakina Foundation Trust pursues its Objects and for maintaining the dignity of the organization and shall use his/her influence to promote the activities of the Foundation.
The nominated positions.* President* Vice President* General Secretary* Treasurer All Executive members in the above positions must be active members of the Sakina Foundation Trust. President should have been the active member of Sakina Foundation Trust at least two years in the past and Vice President, General Secretary and Treasurer should have been the active members of the Sakina Foundation Trust at least one year in the past. All Board members and committee members receives no compensation. The term of office shall be two calendar year (January to December).
Section 2: The President shall discharge the duties of the Chairman Trustee, in the absence of the Chairman Trustee of the Sakina Foundation Trust and shall have the power and authority delegated and assigned to him/her by the Chairman Trustee.
Section 3: The Vice President shall be responsible for all internal Sakina Foundation Trust activities and programs. The Vice President shall also be responsible for Sakina Foundation Trust membership growth and retention.
Section 4: The General Secretary shall maintain the records of the organization prepare and circulate agenda and minutes of Board of Committee meeting for the approval of the Chairman Trustee. The General Secretary will manage all the communications for Sakina Foundation Trust.
He/she is responsible for the safe custody of all the properties and records of the Sakina Foundation Trust. The General Secretary shall represent the Foundation in all legal matters, sign the papers related to legal cases, attend to courts or represent the Sakina Foundation Trust in Government offices. The General Secretary shall deal with correspondence received by the Foundation, send replies in consultation with the Chairman Trustee, President, Vice President and/or the Treasurer where necessary.
Section 4: The Treasurer is responsible for collecting, recording and disbursing all funds received by Sakina Foundation Trust from its members and donors, preparing the annual budget, and making financial reports for the Executive Committee meetings and general membership meetings. The Treasurer is also responsible for managing the bank account and distributing a consolidated year-end financial statement to the members.
The Treasurer is authorized to sign bank cheques, application for drafts and payment instructions jointly with the Sakina Foundation Trust and draw money from the bank, up to the limits defined by the Board of Committee in their meetings. The Treasurer is responsible for safe custody of cash, bonds, securities etc. of the Trust
Section 5: Within one month of the termination of a President’s ,Vice –President,Genreal Secretary & Treasurer term, all records, financial and otherwise, inventory of all assets and funds shall be delivered to the newly elected Board at that time. The outgoing President will furnish an account summary only to the active member of the Board. Sakina Foundation Trust will furnish a detailed report of the accounts only to those active members of Sakina Foundation Trust who send in a written request for such report.
MEETING AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS& EXECUTIVE MEMBERS
- The Board of Directors & executive members should meet at least once in every calendar quarter and may meet more often when required.
- The meeting of Directors & Committee shall be convened by the Chairman Trustee and he shall preside over the meetings. In his absence, the Chairman Trustee may authorize the President to be the Chairman of such meetings. In the event the Chairman Trustee or President are not able to attend the meeting already convened, any of the Board of Director & executive members present in the meeting may elect one amongst themselves to be the Chairman of the meeting.
- One half of the Board of Director or a minimum of two Executive members, whichever is higher, shall constitute the QUORUM for the Board of Director meetings.
- All decisions shall be carried out by the majority decision of the Board but in the event of equality of votes, the Chairman presiding over the meeting shall have a casting vote
- Any resolution in writing signed by all the Board of Director& Executive members by circulation shall have equal force as though it has been passed at a meeting of the Board of Directors & Committee.
- The meeting of the Board shall be conveyed after giving at least a week’s notice unless all the Board of Director & Executive members agree to accept a shorter notice.
- General body meeting shall be conducted at the end of the year to discuss future plans of the Foundation and to conduct elections. All active members of Sakina Foundation Trust are expected to attend this meeting. As per the need, other General body meetings will be conducted and open to all members of the Sakina Foundation Trust.
Section 1: The Board may create committees as needed to execute some special projects. Upon completion of those projects the Board may dissolve that Ad-hoc Committee. Depending on the nature of the Project, one of the Board of Directors shall be the chair of the committee.
TERMANIATION OF OFFICE OF THE BORD OF DIRECTORS&EXECUTIVE MEMBERS.
Chairman Trustee has the power to cease a hold the office:
- If She/he Found is adjudged insolvent or found guilty of an offence involving moral turpitude.
B.If she/he is found acted against the interest of the Sakina Foundation Trust.
C.If she/he is upon expiry of the period up to which the Board of Directors & Committee is nominated.
D.If She/he Dies.
E.If she/he resigns (Every Board of Directors will be at liberty to resign on giving one month notice of his/her intention to do so).
- The Board of director may open such Bank Account or Accounts in any of the Banks in the name of S A K I N A F O U N D A T I O N such accounts shall be operated by Chairman Trustee or jointly by president or treasurer.
- Sakina Foundation Trust may open Bank Accounts in the name of institution/organization founded by the foundation. Such Bank Accounts shall be operated by such persons as authorized by the Chairman Trustee a Board of directors from time to time.
INVESTMENT OF SAKINA FOUNDATION TRUST FUNDS:
- The Chairman Trustee, Board of Directors & Executive Members shall have the power to invest the funds, assets and properties of the Foundation at their discretion in accordance with the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- The Board shall also determine from time to time, the amount it shall spend on the various activities of the Foundation.
ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT:
The financial year of the Trust shall be from 1st April to 31st March of the following year, unless otherwise decided by the Board of Trustees.
The Board of Trustees shall maintain true and correct accounts of the Trust.
The accounts of the Trust shall be annually audited by a Chartered Accountant appointed by the Board of Trustees and the audited statement of account shall be placed before the Board for its approval within three months of the close of the financial year.
- While this Foundation shall be irrevocable, the Board of Directors may amend any of the clauses except those relating to objects of the Foundation, the First Chairman Trustee at a duly convened meeting of the Board with at least 2 weeks’ notice, and by a resolution passed by at least three-fourths majority of the Board of Directors present and voting. The amendments to the Bylaws of Sakina Foundation Trust can only be passed by Chairman Trustee in an actual meeting and not by circulation.
- The Board of Directors shall be indemnified for any act done by them in good faith in the course of the administration of the Foundation.
- Notwithstanding the powers vested with the Directors under the proceeding clause, no part of the income of the Sakina Foundation Trust shall benefit directly or indirectly the Directors and no part of the income of the property of the Sakina Foundation Trust shall be used or applied directly or indirectly for the benefit of:
- Chairman Trustee, Directors or any person who makes a substantial contribution to the Sakina Foundation Trust or of any relative of the Chairman Trustee, Directors or the person who makes a substantial contribution.
Any “related concern” in which any of the above persons has substantial interest.
For the purpose of this clause, the word “relative” and the phrases “related concern”, “substantial interest” and “substantial contribution” shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Income Tax Act, 1961.
APPLICATION OF INCOME TAX ACT:
All clauses herein are intended to secure exemption from Income Tax on the income of contributions and donations to the Sakina Foundation Trust and any clause or portion of this Deed of Foundation which is inconsistent with or repugnant to the sections of the Income Tax Act, 1961 as amended, substituted or modified from time to time, shall be deemed to be deleted or modified with effect from the date on which the sections to which the clause or part of a clause is repugnant or inconsistent comes into force.
In the event of dissolution of the Sakina Foundation Trust, the entire Foundation funds shall be realized and first be used for payment of liabilities of the Foundation. The assets left if any, shall be disbursed to other Trusts or Associations having similar objectives after obtaining previous approval of Commissioner of Income-tax and in no event it shall be distributed in any manner, to any of the Board of Trustees or their relatives or related concerns.