Telangana Parents Association for Child Rights and Safety
Given the growing incidence of sexual exploitation of children in society. Sakina Foundation Trust has trained volunteers with the help of legal professionals, educators, and trainers under the aegis of ‘Telangana Parents Association for Child Rights and Safety’ to teach children at schools and slums how to protect themselves against all kinds of abuse, how to distinguish bad touch from good touch and report it to their teachers, parents or any adult they could trust. We also conduct Parenting workshops, street plays, child rights and safety workshops for both teachers and students and stress management workshops.
Given the growing incidence of sexual exploitation of children in society. Sakina Foundation Trust has trained volunteers with the help of legal professionals, educators, and trainers under the aegis of ‘Telangana Parents Association for Child Rights and Safety’ to teach children at schools and slums how to protect themselves against all kinds of abuse, how to distinguish bad touch from good touch and report it to their teachers, parents or any adult they could trust.
The children have benefited from these awareness campaigns about what to do, and whom to approach when they see something bad happening to them or with others. Stress management workshops and exam preparation workshops help the children appearing for the boards prepare well and perform well in the board examinations.
Parents now are made aware of how to approach sensitive issues with their children, and school management and take the help of lawmakers on sensitive issues.
1. POSCO (Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses) Awareness: Ensuring the safety of children is paramount. We conduct workshops and awareness programs to educate children, parents, and communities about the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses Act. These initiatives provide vital information and guidance on recognizing and preventing such offenses.
2. Substance Abuse Prevention Programs: The Telangana Parents’ Association understands the detrimental effects of drug abuse on children’s lives. To combat this issue, they conduct substance abuse prevention programs in schools and communities. These programs educate children, parents, and educators about the dangers of drug abuse and provide information on recognizing the signs of substance abuse.
3. Ear and Hearing Health: Good hearing health is vital for a child’s cognitive and social development. To this end, we organize ear health check-ups in schools and communities, addressing hearing impairments promptly. We also emphasize the importance of ear care practices to prevent hearing problems, ensuring that every child can fully engage in their educational and social experiences.
4. Support for Disabled Children: We are dedicated to offering assistance and resources to disabled children, including adaptive learning materials, accessibility enhancements, and specialized training. Our aim is to enhance the quality of life and educational opportunities for these children.
5. Mental Health Awareness and Support: Recognizing the pivotal role of mental health in a child’s overall well-being, we conduct awareness campaigns and workshops to destigmatize mental health issues. We provide resources and guidance to promote emotional well-being and resilience among children, parents, and educators.
6. Inclusive Education for Special Needs Children: In pursuit of inclusivity, we are actively working towards creating an educational environment that accommodates children with special needs and learning difficulties. Our tailored programs and support empower these children to realize their full potential.
7. “AM I SAFE” CAMPAIGN: Our active engagement in conducting workshops and awareness camps in schools and communities is a cornerstone of our commitment to Child Rights and Safety. These sessions educate both children and adults, fostering a collective responsibility for protecting our future generation.
8. Fill a School Bag Challenge: In our ongoing initiative, we rally students, organizations, and individuals to unite in support of less fortunate children. The “Fill a School Bag Challenge” encourages generous contributions of stationery, notebooks, and school bags, ensuring that every child has the necessary tools for a brighter future.
9. Storytelling: Through our Storytelling workshops held in Schools and Slums, we empower children with knowledge and skills to keep themselves safe. Stories are a powerful tool for conveying important lessons and instilling awareness.
Together, we are determined to make a lasting impact on our children’s safety, well-being, and education, ultimately contributing to a brighter tomorrow for all. I extend an invitation for you to join us in this noble cause as we work together to build a safer and more inclusive world for our children.